How a Horse Named Charlie Could Save Your RetirementSubmitted by Stone House Investment Management, LLC on July 27th, 2018
In the small town of Montrose, you can find one of the more historic buildings in Pennsylvania.
Originally home to one of the early newspapers in America, the printing presses in the Stone House were powered by Charlie, a reliable, old horse that would walk in circles in the basement to turn the mill that powered the printers back in the 1800s. It was in this building that Stone House Retirement Income Planners got our start and our name.
The beautiful stone walls, which are well over a foot thick, were built strong enough to stand the test of time. The building is as beautiful now as it was when it was constructed in the 1800s.
It wasn’t long after Bob and I started working together that fate put us in the Stone House building as we were starting our financial firm.
I joined Bob in 2003 with the mission to create a place where hard-working people could come for honest, unbiased advice about their money. We were tired of the “old way” of doing things still used by many financial advisers. Commissioned salespeople dominated the financial advice business. Many of them would try to make a quick buck and move on to the next person. We knew there was a better way and knew what we had to do to build it. What we didn’t know is if it would work.......
Fast forward nearly 15 years later and the little company we started from scratch has grown to now manage nearly $200 million of assets for hard-working men and women from across the country...and we are just getting started!
We believe very strongly in our mission to change the landscape of financial advice. Working with an actual person that has a legal and ethical responsibility to act in your best interest when giving advice on your investments and financial concerns is the best option to protect and improve your future.
That is why the next ten years for us is all about you!
Here are some of the ways that our firm is growing...
- We are working hard to find even better ways to deliver the advice you need to build your ideal future.
- We are hiring the right people to help us in our mission to make finance easier and better so you can live a life worth living.
- We are building new ways to create better relationships with our clients, like our LifeStack Cards and our world-class client engagement systems.
- We’ve added new ways for people to interact with us including LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Clients can communicate with us over the phone, through email, client portal, and even in live web meetings!
- One of our most popular new features is how our clients can talk to their advisers through text message.
- We can even put all of your accounts in one place for you to see everything you own (even accounts we don’t manage)!
- Don’t forget our Stone House mobile app! You can download it from the Apple or Android app stores.
We hope you will join us in our mission to improve how people like you handle their money and build better futures.
And to think...... it all started with a horse named Charlie working for a small town newspaper.
Ready to get started?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Raymond S. Stone
Chief Compliance Officer/Lead Advisor/Partner
Raymond Stone, who most of us know by his middle name "Scott", is one of our founding partners. Scott handles much of the operations and regulatory compliance issues that face Stone House on a daily basis. From technology to policies and procedures, to ensuring compliance with government regulations, Scott helps keep Stone House running in peak condition. Scott also advises a select group of clients and is part of our investment management committee. He enjoys tackling tough challenges and creating solutions to difficult problems. Over the years Scott has been involved with several community organizations such as Kiwanis, the Wyoming County Cultural Society, and the Montrose Chamber of Commerce. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends and is in a sand volleyball league in the summer.